Florida law takes a hard line on firearms violations, particularly when guns are connected to the commission of another crime. A conviction for these felony charges may mean mandatory minimum prison time. The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger provides aggessive, experienced criminal defense for gun crimes and felony sentencing enhancements. Our trial lawyer is a former prosecutor who knows the law and may be able to intervene and help avoid or minimize prison time.
Illegal Weapons • Firearm and Deadly Weapon Enhancements
In the Major Crimes division of the state attorney's office, Tim Hessinger prosecuted hundreds of violent crimes, including gun crimes.
He applies that experience in defending you on any charge:
- 10 - 20 - Life
- Possession of firearms by a convicted felon
- Possession after conviction for domestic violence
- Possession of illegal weapons
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Illegal arms trading/trafficking
- Unregistered or stolen guns
- Carrying concealed without a permit
- Illegal discharge of a firearm
- Aggravated battery
Penalties for Firearm and Deadly Weapon Offenses
The state of Florida takes a dim view if you are caught with a firearm or deadly weapon after arrest for another felony, or used a weapon to commit the crime. You will face (a) more serious charges or (b) the court can impose a lengthy minimum mandatory sentence. An altercation that would otherwise be a misdemeanor, for example, becomes felony aggravated battery if you attacked the person with a baseball bat or threatened them with a gun.
Crimes that are upgraded or subject to enhancements include:
- Assault/battery or domestic violence
- Burglary and robbery
- Sexual offenses
- Drug crimes
Former Prosecutor Defending Your Rights
The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger emphasizes early intervention using Attorney Hessinger's experience as a former prosecutor to attack shaky allegations before formal charges are filed. Major gun crimes can sometimes be negotiated to lesser felonies or misdemeanors. We explore all possible defenses, including self-defense or prior threats, and we make the prosecution prove a connection between our client and the weapon.
Contact The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger
Contact us immediately if you have been arrested on weapons charges. Our St. Petersburg firm practices in Pinellas County, Hillsborough County, Pasco County, and Manatee County.
- All charges dropped. 2 Counts Battery
- Reduced to 3 Counts. Wh/Adj 3 years probation. 5 Counts Possession of Child Pornography
- Reduced to 2 counts. Wh/Adj and probation. 9 Counts - Possession of Child Pornography.
- Not Guilty after Jury Trial Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
- All charges Dropped. Aggravated Assault With Motor Vehicle
- Reduced to Felony Battery, dismissed, sealed. Aggravated Battery
Our Clients Share Their Experience
I was very satisfied with his services and he was the best attorney that I have had the experience working with.Lloyd Law, Jr.
I have referred clients to him over the years with the confidenceLegal Professional
Brilliant and fearless advocateLegal Professional
15 years experience in the State Attorney's office
Confidential, complimentary initial consultations
Accepting calls and cases 24 hours a day
Exclusively devoted to criminal defense
Named Prosecutor of the Year in 2004
Impressive track record of charge reductions, acquittals, and dismissals