The laws of Florida allow for the expunging and/or sealing of some criminal records. To expunge a criminal record means to clear or purge the incident from all public records. It is as though the incident never happened. If successful in expunging or sealing your records, a potential employer or educational facility will not have access to arrest and offense information. This will allow you to respond to criminal history questions, with few exceptions, as though "the arrest and charge never happened."
Most arrests that result in a court dismissal, state dismissal (no information) or a plea were adjudication was withheld may be eligible for sealing or expunging. The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger will apply to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement "FDLE" for eligibility and file the necessary motions with the court.
While most criminal charges can be expunged, there are several criminal offenses strictly prohibited from being sealed. These offenses include:
- Lewd or lascivious act on a person under 18
- Scheme to Defraud
- Offenses by public officials or employees
- Computer pornography
- Trafficking in controlled substances
- Aggravated assault, battery, robbery
- Sexual Battery
The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger provides expunging and sealing services to both new and existing clients. It is important to consult with a lawyer with experience in representing clients in this area to best preserve your individual rights.
- All charges dropped. 2 Counts Battery
- Reduced to 3 Counts. Wh/Adj 3 years probation. 5 Counts Possession of Child Pornography
- Reduced to 2 counts. Wh/Adj and probation. 9 Counts - Possession of Child Pornography.
- Not Guilty after Jury Trial Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
- All charges Dropped. Aggravated Assault With Motor Vehicle
- Reduced to Felony Battery, dismissed, sealed. Aggravated Battery
Our Clients Share Their Experience
I was very satisfied with his services and he was the best attorney that I have had the experience working with.Lloyd Law, Jr.
I have referred clients to him over the years with the confidenceLegal Professional
Brilliant and fearless advocateLegal Professional
15 years experience in the State Attorney's office
Confidential, complimentary initial consultations
Accepting calls and cases 24 hours a day
Exclusively devoted to criminal defense
Named Prosecutor of the Year in 2004
Impressive track record of charge reductions, acquittals, and dismissals