Internet Crime Charges in Pinellas County
St. Petersburg Cyber Crime Defense Attorney
When you are accused of an Internet crime, you may want to erase your hard drive or talk your way out of your crime. Doing either of these things can lead to greater consequences. An attorney can help you fight the allegations against you and protect your legal rights throughout the government investigation, negotiations and trial.
The Florida Internet crimes defense lawyer at The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger is a former state prosecutor who has prosecuted and defended highly publicized
white-collar crime cases such as internet crimes. Because of this invaluable experience, we can readily find weaknesses in the prosecution's evidence. Our law firm is proactive, working to prevent indictments or to convince the government to file lesser charges or dismiss your cybercrimes case.
We defend clients accuse of computer and internet crimes, including:
- Sex crimes/child abuse
- Credit card fraud
- Identity (ID) theft
- Computer fraud, cyber fraud
- Sexual solicitation, including solicitation of children
- Human trafficking
- Sale of counterfeit goods, including software, music and video game piracy
- Virus distribution
Challenging the Government's Actions
The government may have started gathering evidence against you months ago. If you have been arrested, indicted by a grand jury, or you suspect you are under investigations, contact us as soon as possible so we can begin challenging the prosecution's evidence and building your case.
Oftentimes, computer crime charges are the result of illegal sting operations, illegal government searches or entrapment. You may have a defense if:
- Undercover government agents led you into committing the Internet crime
- Investigating officers did not have proper search warrants or otherwise gained illegal access of your private property
- Officers improperly seized your computer or other personal property
- Officers violated your Miranda rights
Contact Our Criminal Defense Lawyer
You can contact the St. Petersburg criminal defense attorney at The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger by e-mail or by calling our office at
Our white-collar crime defense lawyer represents clients from St. Petersburg and the surrounding areas.