St. Petersburg Drug Lawyer
Drug Crime Defense by a Former Pinellas County Prosecutor
The state of Florida provides harsh penalties for marijuana possession and other drug offenses. With the possibility of prison for even a personal use amount of drugs, and mandatory minimum sentences for a trafficking conviction, you need an aggressive and experienced Pinellas County criminal defense attorney.
At The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger, you are represented by a
former state prosecutor who knows the law and how to attack the government's case. Contact us immediately if you were arrested or suspect you are under investigation.
We handle all state drug charges in Pinellas County, Hillsborough County, Pasco County and Manatee County, including charges involving:
- Possession of marijuana or drug paraphernalia
- Controlled substances (cocaine, heroin, meth, LSD, etc.)
- "Date rape" and "club" drugs (MDMA, GHB, Ecstasy)
- Illegal prescription narcotics (OxyContin, Percocet, etc.)
- Drug sales or possession with intent to distribute
- Drug trafficking, importation and conspiracy
- Marijuana cultivation (grow houses) or methamphetamine manufacture
- Firearm enhancements
Oppressive Drug Penalties in St. Petersburg
Hard time in prison is just the beginning. Drug charges can result in seizure and forfeiture of your assets (money, boats, cars, homes). Your driver's license and professional or business licenses can be revoked. There will be fines, random drug tests, tight parole/probation restrictions, and perhaps mandatory counseling or treatment. Employers are notified, and the felony record will shadow you forever.
Fighting Back in Pinellas County
Attorney Tim Hessinger was a member of the Major Crimes Division before leaving a 15-year career with the Pinellas County state attorney's office. He has handled major drug trafficking cases, marijuana grow houses, and all drug-related felonies. Our accomplished team can readily find the weaknesses in the prosecution's evidence, whether the prosecution's case is based on an undercover sting, informants, a traffic stop, or a search warrant. Attorney Hessigner is proactive, and uses his experience as a former prosecutor to
impact the prosecutor's charging decision. If charges are filed, all possible defenses are explored to fight the allegations and minimize the consequences, including the defenses below:
- Probable Cause: On marijuana possession and other possession charges, we attack the probable cause for your arrest. Why were you stopped? Were all occupants of the vehicle charged? Were the drugs in plain view? Did you consent to be searched?
- Alternatives to prison : If you are charged with a third degree felony and you have no priors for violent offenses, you may qualify for Drug Court. Charges are dismissed if you complete treatment and stay out of trouble. If you have an addiction and qualify for treatment, we can often avoid mandatory prison.
Free Consultation — Drug Possession, Drug Trafficking, All Charges
Contact our St. Petersburg criminal defense lawyer 24 hours a day at (888) 863-7415 or by e-mail. The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger will sit down with you and discuss all your options, including the risks and rewards of going to trial.