Domestic Violence Deferred Prosecution Program
If the state attorney files a misdemeanor or felony domestic battery charge, the Domestic Violence Deferred Prosecution Program should be seriously considered.
What are benefits to the Domestic Violence Deferred Prosecution Program?
- If the program is successfully completed the charge is dismissed.
- There are no probation fees saving $50 per month
- There are no court costs or fines saving $875
- There is no conviction
- Lower risk of future domestic violence
- No required court appearances
What are the program requirements?
- 26 weeks of counseling with an approved domestic violence counselor
- Supervision for one year at no cost with no reporting requirement (other than the counseling)
- Cost of counseling on a sliding scale ranging from $11 to $36 dollars per session
- No other charges for one year
- State Attorney Costs ($50 Misdemeanor, $100 Felony)
The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger, P.A. can assist with getting into the Domestic Violence Diversion Program. Call for a free evaluation of your case.